Thursday, March 8, 2012

28 Weeks!


How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 27 lbs
Milestones: Baby's lungs are mature enough to survive on his own most likely and he is gaining more and more fat!
Baby Is The Size Of: a Rutabaga
Sleep: Sleep overall is good. Last night, I was awaken suddenly by stabbing chest pains and couldn't get my breathe. I wasn't sure at first what was going on. I thought the baby was crushing an organ or putting pressure on my lung or my heart. He may have been but for the next 45 minutes, I was up with sudden shooting pains up my back and chest that would knock me to the floor. I think it was just really bad heartburn, but we'll see. I got heartburn before I was pregnant, but this was unlike any other pain I've had. It was scary, especially being pregnant! The doctor put me on an antacid daily to see if that helps. I seem to get heartburn no matter what I eat.  
Best Moment This Week: Continuing to work on the nursery. We got it painted, decals up, crib is put together...just need the finishing touches! We also had our Labor/Delivery Class which was so enlightening. Check the earlier post about Doulas for more on the class. 
Miss Anything?:I miss sleeping on my back! I miss being able to walk up the stairs and not be winded. I miss lunch meat still! I really miss not having all of these aches and pains and heartburn. I miss being able to put my socks on with ease and bending over to pick something up and not feeling like my stomach is being scrunched!
Movement?: Lots and lots of movements and hiccups! 
Food Cravings: Not really craving anything. Ice water and grape flavored frozen Whole Fruit Bars taste really good!
Things That Make Me Queasy: Nothing is really making me queasy anymore...knock on wood! The morning sickness as subsided to make room for heartburn, backaches, Braxton Hicks and other aches/pains! :/
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks daily! Nothing serious or strong, but my uterus is definitely getting those muscles ready for the real deal!
Symptoms: Lots of indigestion and heartburn. It doesn't matter what I eat, bland or not, it's coming back up! Braxton Hicks, side aches, leg cramps and hip pains at night now and then. Acne again...ugh! Overall, I'm feeling pretty good, despite all those things I mentioned. My belly is getting bigger by the day, even though I'm not really gaining a whole lot of weight anymore, but it's definitely stretching and stretching. No stretch marks yet, so hopefully that means I won't have any. 
Inny or Outy: Flat, flat, flat. It pops out now and then but mostly it's flat. 
Wedding Band On or Off:  It's off, but not because I can't wear it. It drives me crazy that it is slightly tighter and my claustrophobia sets in and I have a small panic attack. It's just easier to leave it off.  
Mood Most Of The Time: I'm happy most of the time. We all have our moments, but mood-wise in general, I think I have been a pretty easy going pregnant woman! My husband may beg to differ! 
Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery and his quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment