Saturday, March 31, 2012

31 Weeks

Hey bloggy friends! Sorry that I have not been good at posting lately. Things have been very busy around here with the end of the quarter at school, workshops, grant writing and much more! I promise to be better at posting now. Here is the week 31 blog! I will have nursery, baby bag/hospital bag and more this week!


How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 30 lbs approx. 
Milestones: All five senses are in working order and his eyes are reacting to light now!
Baby Is The Size Of: a Pineapple
Sleep: Sleep has been good. I have been getting hip pain though on the right side. 
Best Moment This Week: We met with our Doula, Juanita today and that went GREAT! I am so excited to have her be a part of this! Our good friends Marit and Aaron also had their beautiful baby boy, John on Thursday. We are so excited for them! 
Miss Anything?: I miss being able to bend over to pick things up, put my socks on, sit on the couch, get dressed, etc...all with ease! I can still do these things but it is a chore!! My ever growing stomach is really starting to get in the way!
Movement?: Lots and lots of movements and hiccups! He tried to sit up the other night, I SWEAR! I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden my stomach went alien like and the middle was like a cone! Tim and I were laughing so hard...he wouldn't move either. I think he was planking a couple days ago too. I could feel him pushing out on both sides and my stomach looked like football or rugby ball instead of a basketball! I think it's getting VERY cramped in there!
Food Cravings: No cravings. I have been eating a lot of oriental chicken salads with romaine lettuce from our local restaurant though lately.  
Things That Make Me Queasy: No queasiness! :) 
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks some... Nothing serious or strong, but my uterus is definitely getting those muscles ready for the real deal!
Symptoms: LOTS and LOTS of stretching!! I'm short of breathe and have a lot of heartburn too. Things are getting crowded in there. I am peeing constantly. I also found out that I have Strep B which popped up in my urine at the last appointment. Today is the last day on medication for that. Hopefully it will clear up now and I won't have to have an IV during delivery. I am very prone to Strep so it was no surprise that I would have Strep B too. Then of course, because of the antibiotics...I got a yeast infection. I know...a little too much info for some of you but hey...pregnant woman are prone to them as am I normally! Oh the joys of womanhood/pregnancy!
Inny or Outy: It's basically out. Sometimes it's flat and sometimes it's half out but basically...out!
Wedding Band On or Off:  It's off, but not because I can't wear it. It drives me crazy that it is slightly tighter and my claustrophobia sets in and I have a small panic attack. It's just easier to leave it off.  
Mood Most Of The Time: Very happy most of the time. A little stressed lately, but it's not because of the baby. We are excited to get things in order and ready for him to be here!
Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery (only a couple things to go) and the upcoming showers!


Another fun thing that I want to share is a picture of me along with two other good friends/fellow teachers at school. We are all/were pregnant now. Like I said earlier, Marit already had her baby on Thursday, March 29 so it's just me and Jodie left! Jodie is due May 25. 
From left to right: Marit, Jodie and Me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment