Wednesday, February 1, 2012

23 Weeks!!


How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 20 lbs
Milestones: Baby's face is fully formed...just needs some fat to fill it in and he is listening to our voices, my heartbeat and the dog barking! 
Baby Is The Size Of: a Pomegranate
Sleep: Sleep is pretty good. I feel like there is an ocean between me and Tim. Our new bed is great and my Leachco Back & Belly Pillow is wonderful too. I'm still getting some hip pain when I'm sleeping, but overall....sleep is ok, not the best I've had, but not the worst...YET!
Best Moment This Week: Getting fabric for the nursery. I LOVE Hancock Fabric! (Especially when I can get $20/yard drapery fabric for $5! We are doing an "Eclectic World Traveler" theme for the nursery. I got some great fabrics for a quilt also. I will post pictures later in the week. 
Miss Anything?: I miss being able to put my socks on with ease. My ribs miss not being squished up into my lungs/throat!! I miss being able to sneeze/laugh/bowl without the fear of peeing my pants!!
Movement?: He is very, very active! Lately he likes to kick/punch me in the right rib. He'll then somersault over and kick me in the crotch! That's a great feeling...especially when I'm trying to teach 23 5&6 year olds!
Food Cravings: Toast with cream cheese, Auntie Anne's pretzels, Lunch Meat, Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, Cinnamon anything! Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnabon Cereal, Granny Smith Apples. My cravings have pretty much subsided but these things still taste really good right now!
Things That Make Me Queasy: Raw meat, Onions, Pledge, Our dog's smelly gas!
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: I think I had a Braxton Hicks contraction last week but nothing serious. 
Symptoms: Well I'm having a ton of indigestion/heartburn lately. My ribs feel like they are in my throat and it almost takes my breath away to bend over already. Overall, my symptoms are pretty good. I'm definitely showing and I think my belly is getting bigger every single day!
Inny or Outy: Belly Button is getting flatter but still in slightly.
Wedding Band On or Off:  On though it's getting tighter. 
Mood Most Of The Time: Happy most of the time. I had a little freak out the other day thinking about not being ready and not having anything. We went and picked up some clothes and are starting the nursery (which I'm super excited about) so I'm feeling more at ease. A friend told me the other day..."I felt like a demon took over my body at times when I was pregnant!" Well put Jen! Sometimes...You aren't sure what you're freaking out about or why you are so emotional!! Overall...very happy!! 
Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery ready! I'll post pictures as we go. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats :) I am also 23 weeks today with my 4th :) I found you via pinterest. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad someone besides me enjoys it! :)

    ReplyDelete