Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peak


Here is a Sneak Peak at our nursery. We started out having a Map/Eclectic World Traveler themed nursery, but it's ending up more like an African Safari/Indiana Jones theme but I LOVE IT!!
Here are some before/during pictures. The after pictures will hopefully be posted soon!


Here is bad view, but peak into the room that WAS a catch all for the junk that we didn't have any other place for. It all got cleared out to make room for BABY!!

 Here is the room cleared out and freshly painted. It looks so much bigger without a queen sized bed and a bunch of random stuff!! 
 Here is another "before" view of the room. There was a queen sized bed in here, but we took that out before these pictures were taken. It looks like a lot of work ahead...
 Here is the same view of the room but all of the crap is cleared out and the paint it done! Thanks to my parents, who came over while Tim and I were at work to paint! Tim just had to finish up a bit when he got home. 

 Here is a picture of the same spot, but the crib is up, (filled with some more stuff for the nursery) and decals are on the wall.  There will be a huge 55" x 35" antique map hanging on the slant above his crib and seafoam/aqua paper lanterns hanging over his changing table which is just to the left of the picture as an abstract globe mobile. 
 One last "before picture". I just noticed that our dog, Shadow, is mysteriously in this picture, snooping around at all of the baby stuff! 
 The same corner "after". I absolutely LOVE this giraffe decal! There will be a glider in this corner at well but the cushions are getting recovered to match the room. 
 Here is a foot stool that will be used in the room. I got it from my "sisters" and "surrogate mom" as a shower gift. It works perfectly in this room!  
Last but not least...I had to add a picture of Tim putting the crib together. We were a great team and it actually didn't take very long. Only one swear word muttered by me and not over the crib. Tim accidentally pinched my finger in the crib when he was trying to catch himself from falling over. He has the WORST balance. I love the crib too! It is so much prettier in person than the pictures show. I can't wait for Graysen to get to rest his precious little head in it!

1 comment: