Sunday, May 13, 2012

37 Weeks...FULL TERM!

I'm now considered FULL TERM!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Sorry for being a little absent lately. Things are getting very uncomfortable around here and we are eagerly getting things ready for Graysen's arrival among other things like hosting a Graduation at our house this weekend, getting Kindergarten in order for their Graduation and all of those end of the school year things that need to get done early just in case I go before school gets out. 


How Far Along: 37 Weeks 4 Days
Total Weight Gain: 35 lbs approx. I lost 1/2 a lb when at my last appointment but I go again tomorrow, so...we'll see!
Milestones: Baby is considered FULL TERM! He's developed his most crucial functions!
Baby Is The Size Of: a Winter Melon!
Sleep:Well, it's been a little better this week, but only because we have been frantically trying to get our house ready inside and out for the Graduation that we are hosting on Friday. Landscaping, being outside and teaching Kindergarten all day can really tire a pregnant lady out! Still not comfortable though and leg/hip/knee pain is STILL THERE!
Best Moment This Week: Reaching Full Term and getting the landscaping basically finished. 
Miss Anything?: Right now I miss my non-pregnant body more than ever! I am so uncomfortable and sore. I just want to be able to do the normal daily activities again like the dishes! That sounds crazy, but at work yesterday at the golf course, I was cleaning up the kitchen after serving a meal to 50 firefighters and my belly is too big so it bumps into the counter and I'm not tall enough for it to be over the counter so reaching into the sink to do dishes was a pain...and I mean downright painful! 
Movement?:Still movement but it hurts so bad when he does. His foot has been jabbed up into my ribs on the left side now for awhile and it has been excruciatingly painful all week!  
Food Cravings: No cravings. Food actually doesn't even sound good lately. My appetite has been very poor.
Things That Make Me Queasy: I wish I could say no queasiness, but I've been sick to my stomach all week. (Especially when I'm having a contraction!)
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Right now, I'm not sure if the contractions are Braxton's or not. I am having a ton of pain in my pubic area and something is definitely opening up down there. I'm having sharp pains "up there" when having a contraction now. Low back pain and cramping are now happening a lot, not to mention the contractions are all over my uterus now, top, bottom, sides... Baby has dropped, but I still am not comfortable. Being short leaves no room for him to move which makes me unable to move as well! 
Symptoms: I have reached the point, where waddling is a must. A week ago even, movement was pretty good. All of a sudden, I'm in a ton of pain all the time, I'm unable to move, swelling is increasing and I'm ready to be done! I used to be able to say that I felt great most of the time, and just after a long day, I would be sore and tired, but I wake up sore now. I still have quite a bit of energy, but it's not really so much energy as nesting. 
Inny or Outy: Out!
Wedding Band On or Off: Off and this week, I'm not sure if I could put it on if I wanted to! My right hand is more swollen than the left, but I'm definitely retaining more water now. 
Mood Most Of The Time: Overall, I'm very happy, but I'm also anxious to get everything in order for Graduation this weekend, the end of the year at school and Graysen's arrival. I'm actually eager for Graysen's arrival more than anxious. My dad would quickly correct me or ask me to clarify. I know you are reading this Dad thinking..."Are you really anxious or are you eager? There is a difference!" 
Looking Forward To: Graduation on Friday and Graysen's arrival! (Hopefully in that order!)




Here is what we've been working on at our house. The fence isn't quite done yet, but it's close. We needed to get the landscaping done first so we Tim and Tom didn't have to work around the fence to rebuild the sidewalk and flower beds. We didn't take any good before pictures, which I realized when it was almost done, so you'll just have to look at the after and know that it was a "JUNGLE" of lilies and hostas before! I'm so happy with the results!

This is the south side of our house in the front. The building on the left is our neighbor's garage. Our property goes all the way up to their garage. You can see that the fence is almost complete. A panel and a gate are all that's needed on this side. Plus cutting down the posts, but that's it. We redid the sidewalk going into the backyard, so the guys didn't want to finish the fence until that's done. This area was literally covered in lilies and hostas. We transplanted the hostas so that they made more sense and added a rose tree and hydrangeas...my favorite flower in the whole world!

This is along the south side of our house. This area was full of blue bells that were probably 80 years old or more. They were there when my dad grew up here. (This was my dad's childhood home.) My grandma planted them many many moons ago. Her birthday would have been May 1st. She would have been 105 years old and my grandpa would have been 119 years on the 7th. I tried desperately to save some because I have fond memories of picking them when I was little and knowing spring was here because the blue bells were out at Grandma's. The ones I transplanted did not survive. I have a couple pictures of them so that will have to do. Who knows...they are so hearty that they may even pop up through the new rock next year.

Here is another view of the south side of the porch. These flowers all remind me of Dr. Seuss, especially the pink ones. I didn't take a close up picture of those, but they have a little patch of grass and then these pink flowers that look like Trufulla Trees popping up.

Our new newly redone sidewalk to the back yard. The fence will be put up across here soon and we will have a gate leading to the backyard. We have to replace a couple tiles though because the packer cracked a couple. Oh well...at least it was just 4 and not all 52! There were also blue bells in this area along the side of the house. 

Hydrangeas!! I love them! They were our wedding flowers!

Here is a picture of the back of our garage. This was also a mess. It was supposed to be covered in red mulch from the previous owners but that was basically gone and plants were again planted in very random places. We took some out, moved some and added the rock. We also extended it to the fence for a finished look. That empty space was on purpose since we are planning on adding a door from the garage to the backyard in that spot next summer. The guy that added on the garage didn't put a door to the backyard. 

Another picture but includes more of the fence. Still need to cut off the tops of the fence posts.

Here is back of our house. 


This is the north side of the house and the garage. This area was a little smaller and we brought it out to the end of the driveway and fence. We moved a couple plants around here too and added a rose bush. Our hydrangeas on this side are a little slow going this year. They were coming along great with the very early warm weather and then had a setback when we had unexpected frost...They'll make it, they'll just be late. 

I should have taken a picture of the whole house from across the street, but maybe in the next post. But...that's what we have been working on frantically for the last couple weeks!


2 comments: