Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My thoughts on almost being a half a year pregnant...


Wow...I can't believe that in a week, I'll have been pregnant for a half a year! I remember vividly that morning that I took the pregnancy test that almost instantly read PREGNANT! We new that we were going to start trying to have a baby right away after we got married. I have endometriosis and the doctor said that we should start right away because it may take a long time...if at all! Well...as you can see...it didn't take long at all! We got married July 16, had my IUD out August 26, and conceived on September 15. We decided to do the ovulation tests and by golly, they work!

My first trimester fears consisted of things like...
"What will it feel like to be pregnant?" 
"Can we really afford a baby right now?" 
"What will happen to my body?"
"Am I going to be THIS sick the WHOLE 40 weeks?"

Most of those have subsided. The fears/questions have changed to things like...
"Will we have everything we need when he gets here in 15 weeks or less?"
"What will we do about insurance?" 
"Will I ever sleep again...I'm already not sleeping now!"
"Still...can we really afford this baby?" 
"Our life is going to change so much...!"
"Are we going to be good parents? We 'raise' kids all day, but this is our own!" 

I guess you're never REALLY ready to have a baby. You just do it! 

I can't wait to meet Graysen and see the 'alien' that's been punching and kicking me in the ribs/crotch all day long...the little person that's been growing inside of me for all of these months. 
After our scare with his brain cysts, we are so grateful to be delivering a healthy baby boy! It really makes you appreciate everything once you go through something like that.
 We live by the motto, "If we're handed it...we can handle it!" 
This pregnancy has been a roller coaster of emotions and the best ride of my life! I can't wait to see where it takes us. I am so excited to be a mommy!

2 comments:

  1. My son had brain cysts too on his first ultrasound. By a week later when we went in for the ultrasound at Mayo, they were already disappearing. That made for a very scary week though! My son is now a healthy, active, 21 month old who loves to snuggle with Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 10 days later, at Mayo, they saw no signs of the right one and the left one was just a little puddle that was slowly disappearing. We had a very trying week that week. Brain Cysts, my grandpa went into Hospice and past away,things at school...luckily it ended with a blessing finding out that his cysts were gone or almost gone! What a relief!

      Delete