Wednesday, February 29, 2012

27 Weeks!


How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs (I had the stomach flu this week so I lost a couple pounds.)
Milestones: Baby has brain activity and is breathing (amniotic fluid, not air yet) with his newly developed lungs!
Baby Is The Size Of: a Cauliflower
Sleep: Sleep is pretty good. It was a rough past couple nights because I had the stomach flu, but overall...it's ok. Still some hip pains and it feels like my pubic bone is splitting in two when I change positions. 
Best Moment This Week: Quilting Graysen's baby quilt on the long arm machine. Just need to bind it. I'll post pictures when it's done. It was nice to have a 2 hour late start this morning at school too. 
Miss Anything?:I miss being able to bend over without being in pain and not able to breathe. I miss being able to sit on the couch at eat at the coffee table. It's too low to bend over. I miss being able to have a drink. I miss eating without heartburn and indigestion. I miss being able to just sit without my ribs/sides/back hurting.   
Movement?: A lot of movement is going on. He is hiccuping now and my stomach goes crazy when that happens. It's fun to see him and feel him move at the same time. 
Food Cravings: Still really liking Mexican food! Not really craving anything anymore. Water and fruit taste good right now. I made raspberry pancakes the other night and they were so good!!
Things That Make Me Queasy: I had the stomach flu this week. That was HORRIBLE. Everything I tried to eat made me throw up. Having the flu while almost 7 months pregnant is awful. It hurts to cough let alone throw up violently. I was bawling over the toilet as Tim was rubbing my back. My sides hurt so bad!
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: Still some Braxton Hicks every now and then. We are going to our Labor and Delivery Class this weekend so we'll get see what we are in for when they really do start coming!
Symptoms:Indigestion, heartburn, leg cramps now and then, slight swelling in my hands when I wake up and lots of pressure in my stomach. He is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder as well which is forcing me to visit the bathroom every 20 minutes at least! 
Inny or Outy: Flat, flat, flat. It pops out now and then but mostly it's flat. 
Wedding Band On or Off:  I can still wear it but I took it off because of some minor swelling in the mornings. I am claustrophobic and it freaks me out thinking I might not be able to get it off. It still spins and goes on easily though.  
Mood Most Of The Time: Mainly happy...I'm moody at times though. Just ask Tim. I can tell the hormones are starting to rage again. Little things annoy me more than normal. :) 
Looking Forward To: Our Labor and Delivery Class...maybe I shouldn't be, but I am. Starting to paint the nursery. It's almost cleaned out! I'm also excited to finish Graysen's baby quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I "steal" your format for the weekly updates to use on my blog? Now that I'm officially "out in the open" I want to start doing weekly updates on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I found it on several other pregnancy blogs. Happy blogging!!

      Delete