Thursday, June 28, 2012

6 Week Update

Ok...I'm back! 

Things have been very busy, a good busy, but busy around here. I'm back and hoping to post a couple times a week. I plan on posting Weekly Updates on Wednesdays showing Graysen's growing progress etc. Also, since he was 6 weeks yesterday and my 6 week appointment is tomorrow, it's time for me to get myself back in shape as well. I have 7-10lbs to go until I'm at the weight I was before I got pregnant, but...I still can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants! UGH! This is obviously the 7-10lbs I gained during the first trimester (you really shouldn't gain any during this time) when he was the size of a peanut, so I can't blame the weight on baby or fluid, etc. It's all in my hips, butt and love handles! 
I have a friend that said, "Everyone posts pictures of their belly's getting BIGGER during pregnancy, but no one posts pictures of it getting SMALLER afterwards." Here goes nothin'! 
So...I have let's say 10lbs until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I had roughly 10lbs to lose to make my goal weight. I was a little heavier when I got pregnant than what I wanted to be. I'm aiming for 20 more pounds. I've already lost 25lbs since I've had him. I'll be posting updates on my weight goals, fitness/nutrition and getting healthy overall on Fridays hopefully. 

Here is Graysen's 6 Week Update


-6 Weeks-
Weight
10lbs 2oz
That's 2lbs in 2 weeks!

Height
21.25 inches
That's an inch and a quarter in 2 weeks!

Sleep
Sleep is going ok. It's getting better. He usually sleeps about 4 hours at a time. He goes to bed around 10:00 or 10:30 and then is up around 2:00 and 6:00. One night, he slept for 6 hours straight, but...that was just that one night. Getting up once is not bad though. It's only hard when I get up to pump, because he's still sleeping and then he decides to wake up when I get done so I'm up a lot at night, but it's slowly getting easier.

Feeding
Oh...where to start! I have a new found career as a Milk Hauler/Bottler/Distributor! Since they had to leave some of my placenta after birth and I was in ICU getting blood transfusions, my milk was very slow at coming in. He had to have a bottle right away. Nursing was a struggle since I wasn't making milk. I was/am pumping every 2 hours, 24 hours a day (it's about every 3 right now), nursing, then bottle feeding because he wasn't getting enough nursing. Needless to say...I am either feeding or pumping in order to feed ALL THE TIME! I debated on EPing or exclusively pumping for awhile, but am trying to nurse again. He is getting better at it. We are still bottle feeding with breast milk, but haven't used formula since Day 3 or 4. I'll post more on EPing in weeks to come. Right now he is eating roughly 4oz, give or take an ounce, at every feeding about every 3-4 hours. 

Loves
*Snuggling 
*His new play mat 
(He can see the toys now.)
*EATING 
*Music
*His bouncy seat
*Going for walks on the trail

Hates
*Getting Saline up his nose
(He's been very congested lately)
*Being ignored
*Taking his Medicine
(Precautionary because he was exposed to whooping cough)
*Burping, pooping, and other bodily functions

Here's what's been happening the last 6 weeks...
Newborn Pictures - May 19, 2012 (3 days old)

More Newborn Pictures

Hanging out with Daddy and Shadow

Play Dates with my friends! This is John, he is 6 weeks older than me!

Sleeping on Great Grandma Grace

More Play Dates with "The Boys". We have had lots of friends have babies lately.
From Left to Right: Marit and John: 12 weeks, Johanna and Landon: 16 weeks, Me and Graysen: 6 weeks
Not pictured: Jodie and Quinten: 4 weeks (She arrived after the picture)

Walks on the trail
This was on Day 3!

Lots and Lots of diaper changes! I was 4 days old here! 
Look how much I've grown!

Lots and lots of feedings!
4 days old: May 20, 2012
Notice my nice "tan" from Jaundice! 

Ok, I'm tearing up putting these pictures up, especially the last 2. I can't believe how much he's grown, changed, and developed over the last 6 weeks! Where has the time gone! 
I'll hopefully be posting on Mondays as well. Those will be Mommy things and Monthly Must Haves. 
Keep checking in for updates, photos and more! 

MB







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful baby - think he reminds me of your baby pictures! Ann gave me an EZEYES keyboard and it was great for blowing up both the words and the pictures. Thanks for posting both!

    ReplyDelete