Sunday, April 22, 2012

Graysen's World Traveler Nursery

Graysen's nursery is done! Well, except for one rack of hooks and one shelf to hang. Here are some pictures to show you all what we have been working on!

I am so excited about this nursery! I love the colors, the theme, everything! It's my favorite room in the house I think!

I got those paper balls at Hancock Fabric. They are Martha Stewart's Brand. 
It came with 6 in 3 different blue/green colors. 

You can see the rack of hooks and the shelf sitting in on our changing pad that still need to be hung up in this corner. That will get done this week. (Hopefully!) I should have taken a picture of the top drawer. It's all organized with everything needed for diaper changes. The cute gDiapers look great all lined up! We also have some disposable newborn diapers which we will start with rather than using the cloth right away. We don't want the dreaded "black stuff" all over them! Plus, someone gave us a bunch. 

I love the vintage map we hung above the crib. Being teachers, we feel it's never too early for educational things like geography! :)

This shows the "Oh the places you'll go!" sign that I made to fit our "world traveler" theme. It's hard to see but the paper looks like an ancient treasure map. 

Here is the chair that has newly covered cushions. I love them. They match the curtains. I can't wait to sit here and rock with Graysen!

Another picture of the chair but you can see the zebra footstool. 

Nevermind the hole at the top of the wall. The vent cover needs to be put back yet I guess also. 

31 Bags to hold all of his burp rags, books, toys and diaper supplies like extra inserts and wipes. 

That empty space is where the small CD player is going but it's in the car right now to take to the hospital. 

Custom artwork that I made. Handmade paper in a reclaimed wood frame. 

Here is a close up of the quilt that I made for his room too! 

Close up of the map. 

I love this little wicker lamp with a low watt light bulb to use during feedings and such so that we don't have to turn the bright light on. A small raku pottery pot adds to the world traveler feel and you can't have enough books!

Shadow, our miniature poodle, loves the room too! He checks the crib every morning and night to see if there is a baby in there yet. He sometimes just lays on the floor in there...waiting! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's really amazing what you've done with Grandma A's house; I'm so happy for you. Jeff A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff!
      I'm hoping to have a small family reunionish thing at our house this summer and meet the baby/meet everyone else's babies!!! Autumn is adorable! Maybe around the time Aunt Kay is here. Not sure when that is yet.

      Delete
  2. Hi MB! Your nursery is adorable! You have done a great job preparing for Graysen. Congratulations - I'm so excited for you guys. Also - love that you're planning to use gDiapers. A fantastic idea indeed.
    Best of luck in these last couple weeks.
    -Laura Nethercut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!
      We are excited too! It's getting very close!

      Delete