Friday, December 30, 2011

He? She? Open to see!

We are so excited to find out boy or girl on January 10th. Only 11 days to wait now. We decided to have a Gender Reveal Party for our family and friends to let them know the sex and name of the baby. I will post picutres after the party. We are thinking of a sports theme and have Team Pink and Team Blue. The guests are supposed to wear pink or blue depending on which "team" they are rooting for. Here are a few wives tales and how they came out. You can decide for yourself what you think...

Old Wives Tale #1:
Heart rate over 140: Girl
Heart rate under 140: Boy
Baby's heart rate: 145-155 depending on the day...Girl

Old Wives Tale #2:
Tie your wedding ring to a string and hold it over your pregnant belly.
If the ring swings back and forth: Girl
If the ring spins in a circle: Boy
My ring swung back and forth: Girl

Old Wives Tale #3
Chinese Gender Chart (Supposedly 90% + accurate)
According to the chart: Girl

Old Wives Tale #4
Dad gaining weight too: Boy
Dad not gaining weight: Girl
Tim has been gaining weight as well: Boy

Old Wives Tale #5
Boy/Girl Gender quiz online answering various questions from
"Are your feet colder in pregnacy?" to "Does the hair on your legs grow faster?"
Answers came out: Girl

Old Wives Tale #6
Growing more hair like your leg hair: Boy
Growing same amount of hair: Girl
I guess my hair is growing a little faster: Boy

Old Wives Tale #7
Craving Sweet: Girl
Craving Sour: Boy
I have been craving toast with cream cheese and peppermint ice cream: Girl

Old Wives Tale #8
Morning sickness in the morning or not at all: Boy
Morning sickness all day or at night: Girl
I was sick (nauseas/car sick feeling) ALL DAY and especially at night: Girl

Old Wives Tale #9:
Acne
If you don't have very much acne or none at all: Boy
If your acne has gotten much worse: Girl
I unfortunately have been breaking out like a teenager in puberty!
I didn't even do that when I actually WAS going through puberty: Girl

Old Wives Tale #10
Sleep more on your left side: Boy
Sleep more on your right side: Girl
I usually sleep on my left side so...Boy

Old Wives Tale #11
Carrrying high: Girl
Carrying low: Boy
I am carrying pretty high: Girl

Those are the results!
You can make your own decision...

5 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! Love all the different wives tales. Just noticed your due date, would be cool to actually have him/her on that date. Not that you forget their birthday, but 6 + 6 = 12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is an old wive's tail about carrying high or low, but I can't remember which is which.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy...Yes, we've already discussed that. How neat would that be. Would make teaching the double of 6 + 6 pretty easy and very easy to remember it's birthday!

    Martha...Yes, there is one. I posted it as number 11. High is girl, low is boy, I'm high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I carried all 4 boys high sort of messes up one "old wives tale"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it basketball high or watermelon high? They say if it looks like a basketball all in the front, its boy and if it looks more watermelon like and carrying weight in hips and butt too...girl. mine is high but more watermelon and my hips are unfortunately bigger. We will have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete