Monday, July 2, 2012

Month 1 Must Haves

Month one flew by! We are already almost done with two months! Here are a few things that helped us survive the first month with Graysen. Note: The things that were lifesavers to us, may not be for everyone. These are just things that made our lives significantly easier! 

Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets
These are AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about these blankets! They are thin, soft, stretchy and big! They are great for swaddling, burp rags, nursing covers and more!

Boppy Pillow
 These are great. We have one upstairs and one downstairs. They can be used as a nursing pillow or a baby seat to prop him up in. They can be used for Tummy Time and photo props! 

Naked Juice
I LOVE these. I was sad when I couldn't drink them while pregnant because they are only partially pasteurized, but now that I can drink them again, they are my lunch sometimes when the craziness of a newborn has set in. I can make sure I get fruits and veggies at every meal this way. The green one is my favorite! Looks funny, but tastes great! 


Cannon Sx40HS
 My camera is a must have as well. It's important to document all these precious moments now!


Fisher-Price Snuggabunny Bouncer
We LOVE this bouncer! It is so big and plush. It vibrates, plays music and has nature sounds. Graysen loves to sit in it and watch the birds at the top. This is a must so that Mommy can get a few things like dishes done during the day. I also bring it into the bathroom and strap him in while I'm in the shower. 


White Noise Machine
We use a white noise machine at night. Graysen loves the ocean and brook sounds. They are soothing and also block some of the noises from our noisy street so that his startle reflex isn't triggered while he sleeps.  


 Lifefactory Glass Water Bottles
I've said it before, but these water bottles are great. They are glass with a silicone cover. They go in the dishwasher cover and all. The cover also does a great job of protecting the glass. I can throw it in my bag or in the car and don't have to worry about it breaking and the glass is more sanitary and eco-friendly. 

Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump
This is most definitely a must. I had to pump like crazy to make my milk come in after a traumatic post-delivery experience and so this was my lifesaver. I was pumping every 2 hours around the clock while Graysen was learning to nurse. Now that he is nursing better, I'm still pumping in between but it's not as much. I would recommend getting the battery pack as well for those times when you have to pump in the car or some other random place.  


Summer Shower System
We got this shower system at Target. It looks a little different than this style, but it makes bath time go faster and smoother. Once his cord fell off, the shower was great. He loves to be showered with warm water. He doesn't get cold sitting there. This seems like a frivolous thing, but it is so worth it! 


Those are a few of the things that helped us. What helped you???

MB

2 comments:

  1. My aunt makes the best blankets for each of the nieces and nephews when they're born! They're a full yard of single layer flannel and they're light enough and big enough for easy swaddling. I used them ALL the time when my kids were babies and the best part is that she always makes 2 identical blankets so when one's in the wash, you can use the other one. Both my kids still sleep with theirs, but my 2 year old is very attached to his!
    Here are some other baby items I found to be must-haves! http://supermommyornot.blogspot.com/2010/06/stuff-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete