Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Pregnancy Lifesavers!


Here are a few things that have helped me tremendously throughout this pregnancy. There are many more, but these are the things that popped into my head first.


Bolthouse Farms Juices: They are packed with vitamins, nutrients, fruits and veggies. They are very similar to Naked Juices, but Naked Juices are only partially pasteurized and so you shouldn't really drink them while pregnant since you are supposed to only have pasteurized things. 


Goldfish Crackers: These really helped when I was so nauseous in the beginning. I still am really liking them now at 35 weeks. Well, I've always liked them, but they are a good grab and go snack. 

Oh Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...how I love thee! I know that I am approaching 30 years of age in a couple years, but I still love Macaroni and Cheese. This was one food that I actually could stomach while having morning all day sickness!



Leachco Back 'n Belly Pillow: This pillow was a God sent! Sleep now is going to be miserable no matter what...pillow or no pillow, but this pillow helped so much. I'm glad I got it as early as I did. It can be used for breastfeeding later as well. My husband will tell you that this is why we had to upgrade to a King Sized bed, but it was well worth it!!



Ina May's Guild to Childbirth: A friend recently gave me this book to read and it was so inspiring. Ina May is a well-known midwife and her stories are so empowering. If you are expecting, you should really read this!


What To Expect When You're Expecting: Ok...so some refer to this as the "pregnancy Bible". I did/do read it religiously every week to check on baby's progress and my symptoms. It's very informative and pretty much has everything you'll need to know as you are going through these major changes. 


Honey Nut Cheerios: Another staple in my diet...especially when I was sick. Cereal has always been one of my favorite foods. 

Edy's Fruit Bars: These ROCK MY WORLD! My husband loves them too! They also tasted great when those bouts of nausea would come on.  

Maternity Cardigans: Ok...any cardigan in general. I wore a ton of cardigans before pregnant, and now that I'm pregnant, they are still a staple in my wardrobe. I have a couple "maternity" ones, but I am wearing a lot of the ones that I had before I was pregnant. They seem to flatter you while being very forgiving! Not to mention...they are easy to throw on over a maternity t-shirt which I will talk about next. 

Maternity T-Shirts: Liz Lange for Target has some great maternity t-shirts. I pretty much live in maternity t-shirts and cardigans. I do did still wear long-sleeve t-shirts that were just longer in length for the longest time, but now...I pretty much have to wear "maternity" ones. I love them though...they are easy to throw on over a maternity/long tank top and then throw a cardigan over the top. I bought a few other maternity tops, but it's the t-shirts that I live in! 

Maternity/Long Tank Tops: They are a MUST! They work great under t-shirts, cardigans, etc. The ones from Target are so soft and wash up so nice. I basically wear one to work every day and then sleep in one every night!

LifeFactory Glass Water Bottles: I LOVE my LifeFactory Water Bottle. They have various sizes and also baby bottles of various sizes. They are glass and then have a silicone cover. You throw them in the dishwasher, cover and all and you are good to go. It makes me feel so much better about a reusable water bottle than the plastic ones do. Also, I'm kind of clumsy and I drop mine often...the silicone cover really does protect it! I love the colors they come in too!

My Camera: Tim bought me a Canon Powershot SX40 HS for Christmas. It was the best gift ever! He really surprised me with it! I was mad at first because I thought he spent way too much on it, but it was so worth it! I use it all the time! We needed something to take pictures/video of the baby when he arrives. Little did I know that it would be documenting my whole pregnancy! 

Last but certainly not least....my husband, friends and family! They have been so supportive during this whole pregnancy. We have had a lot of ups and downs and they have been there every step of the way. My husband has been WONDERFUL throughout this whole thing. When I was uber sick and crabby, he was there to make me a PB & J sandwich, bring it to me on the couch, force me to eat it and then clean the house. He went to basically every doctor appointment, except when he had a game. (He coaches football and softball.) He put/puts up with my crabbiness and never hardly ever complains! 
My friend and family were awesome as well. I got the joy of sharing this pregnancy with several friends. It's so nice to have someone going through the same thing at the same time as you. You need someone to bounce things off of and vent/downright bitch to. Someone who is going through the same gross things you are and understands. Believe me...pregnancy is downright yucky at times! 

Thank you to everyone who has been there through this all!
MB

No comments:

Post a Comment