Friday, January 6, 2012

Cini-Mini CRAVING!!!!!!!!

My biggest craving...CINI-MINIS!!!
Ok, I LOVE cinnamon rolls and right now, I'm craving everything sweet. Not so much chocolate, but I don't really like chocolate when I'm not pregnant. I know...weird! A woman who doesn't really care for chocolate. Lately though, I'm craving sweet! Cinnamon rolls, pancakes and syrup, ice cream, mini donuts...donuts WITH ice cream! (By the way, the best place to get this is in Grand Marais, MN. Go to World's Best Donuts first thing in the morning and get a fresh raised glazed and then go down the street and get a scoop of homemade custard on the boardwalk! Oh...I'm contemplating the 7 hour drive just to get one!!) Here is the latest Cini-Mini recipe I'm trying tonight. I'm pretty sure they are going to be to die for!

Recipe:
Ingredients
1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
4 T brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 T butter
1 T flour
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 t milk

Directions:
Use half of package at a time so the dough stays cold.
In a small bowl mix together a tablespoon of slightly melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour. Open crescent rolls, take half of dough and separate at the vertical seams. Press the diagonal seams of dough together so that the dough is smooth. Spoon half of the cinnamon mixture onto dough, roll short side up then continue with the remainding dough. (I used one sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Dough...no seams. Worked Wonderfully!) Cut 2 inch slices and place all the rolls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

When rolls have cooled, mix powdered sugar with  milk. Add more sugar/milk to get frosting to the consistency of your liking.I had to add more sugar. Drizzle the sugar over the rolls then let dry. (I couldn't wait and wanted to eat mine warm so I drizzled the glaze over them as soon as they came out of the oven.) AMAZING!!!!!!

Happy Eating!!!

1 comment:

  1. These really were worth my hype. Might just be because I'm preggers, but I think that non-preggers will enjoy these too! They would be great, easy treats for a breakfast or brunch. (Or dessert at 8pm!)

    ReplyDelete