Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dairy Free Scalloped Corn

Happy Easter! 
Tim and I always have Easter at our house for my side of the family. My aunt and uncle moved back from North Carolina recently after being gone several years. We are so happy they are back. My aunt though, is deathly allergic to dairy and so we kind of make it a fun challenge to cook the same things without dairy! Here is the scalloped corn that I made this year...dairy free!


Here are the things you'll need:
2 cans of corn (un-drained)
I usually Green Giant with 60% less sodium, but...blame it on baby brain, I thought I had 2 cans but neglected to check until Easter morning, so there I was...running to Kwik Trip to get a can of corn. Hence the two different kinds on the counter. 
1 egg
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
Silk Almond Milk Vanilla
Sugar
Vegetable Oil Spread
Salt and Pepper


Empty the 2 cans of corn with the liquid in a casserole dish.


Crush the saltines and add them to the corn. 


Mix the egg with the Silk and pour over the corn/crackers. 
(enough Silk to cover the corn)
(You may want to add a touch of flour when using Almond Milk. It doesn't thicken like cow's milk.)
Mix in about 2/3 or a little less of sugar. 


Dot the top with Vegetable Oil Spread and Salt and Pepper to taste. 


Cover and bake at 350 degrees until boiling. 
Uncover and continue to bake another 45 minutes to 1 hour. 
(Until golden brown on top and liquid has thickened)


ENJOY!

Happy eating all! 
MB









1 comment:

  1. Yum. I'll have to try this. Our youngest is allergic to dairy and I'm lactose intolerant.

    ReplyDelete