Wednesday, January 18, 2012

20 Weeks and Gender Reveal Party!

Wow...20 weeks! Half way there!!!
I know I haven't posted anything for awhile. Things have been crazy here. After our 19 week ultrasound, we found out that our baby has Choroid Plexus Cysts on the brain. Most of the time, they just clear themselves up by 32 weeks. Sometimes, in rare cases, they are isolated and related to some other chromosomal disorder like Trimosy 18. This is a slight risk, but we have to have it checked. We are certain though that our baby is fighter and that everything will be ok! We go to Mayo Clinic on Friday to have a Type 2 ultrasound and genetic counseling. We will know by the end of the day on Friday if they are isolated or not.
We live by this quote: "If we're handed it...We can handle it!"

Gender Reveal Party Details!
We had our Gender Reveal Party on Saturday. It was great. It was so fun to see everyone's votes and reveal the sex and name of the baby. Here are a few snapshots of the party.
We had a big box filled with balloons that we released to tell the sex of the baby.


Next to the box, we had all of our ultrasound pictures laid out so that people could look and cast their vote. Boy or Girl??? It ended up pretty even. Most of the people there voted Boy but some people that couldn't make it still wanted to vote and most of them voted Girl.

19 week ultrasound pictures of Baby O.

17 Week pictures. These were taken the day I had to have an ultrasound on my Gallbladder and Kidneys because they are pretty sure I passed a kidney stone. No gallstones or kidney stones showed up in the ultrasound so they are thinking I had already passed it. Either way...worst pain of my life!! Plus side: Got to see a little preview of Baby O. before our 19 week ultrasound.

Basically same pictures as 17 week ultrasound but 2 weeks later and what a difference in development. The top picture is hard to see but Baby O. is flexing saying, "I'm a fighter and I'll make it!!"

The bottom picture didn't come out very clear but these are Baby O's little feet. So adorable!

What are you craving?? All of the food at the party was based on my pregnancy cravings.

He/She Cookie's & Creme Candy Bars. I'm loving everything cookies and cream!

There were Cinnamon Roll Bites (biggest craving as you know), Cheetos, Pigs in a Blanket, Auntie Anne's Pretzel Bites (I drove 45 minutes to Rochester to get one of these pretzels towards the beginning of my pregnancy...sad I know!), Pickle Roll Ups (Not a craving of mine because I hate pickles and can't have ham, but pickles are a stereotypical pregnancy craving.), Hot Turkey Sandwiches, Cinnamon Bread with Cream Cheese and Cake!

Better Than SEX Cake!! What other kind of cake would you have at a Gender Reveal Party??

My aunts voting Boy or Girl...

Our party goers mingling and waiting for the big reveal!!!

Tim, Aaron and Devin probably talking basketball!

Terisa and Marit most likely laughing at the guys...


The proud grandpas waiting to hear...Boy or Girl. Notice how they both voted BOY!



I tried very hard to upload the video of us opening the box and releasing the balloons here but...it did not download dispite the 4 attempts I made. So...you'll just have to scroll down to see the picture!


It's a................


The proud grandpas again showing us that...they were right! It's a BOY! We are pleased to announce that Baby O. is a boy and will be named Graysen Harold!

How Far Along: 20 Weeks and 3 Days
Total Weight Gain: 14-16lbs
Milestones: Baby now has working tastebuds and practicing gulping (amniotic fluid right now) 
Baby Is The Size Of: a Small Cantaloupe
Sleep:So, my LeachCo Back & Belly pillow came and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!! If you don't have one...you NEED one. It doesn't matter if you are pregnant or not! It's wonderful! Of course, it does take up a lot of the bed. Good thing we have a new king-sized bed coming this week with our wedding money. No leg cramps since I got the pillow either. They aren't really cramps but pain in my hip and side of my knee. Mainly the left leg. I think it's from pressure on them with extra weight.
Best Moment This Week: Getting to tell our family and friends that Baby O. is a BOY!
Miss Anything?: Coffee and Lunch Meat STILL!! Sleeping on my back! 
Movement?: YES! All the time. I said a few weeks ago that I swore he was doing somersaults...well...I was right. We saw it on the ultrasound with our own eyes. The ultrasound tech had to "chase" him around my belly because he moves so much. I think I also said he was going to be a UFC fighter if he was a boy...again...witnessed the punches and kicks. I think Tim and I are in for a wild ride with this one!
Food Cravings: Toast with cream cheese, Auntie Anne's pretzels, Lunch Meat, Ice Cream...cookies & cream, peppermint, you name it!! Cinnamon anything! Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnabon Cereal, etc.
Things That Make Me Queasy: Raw meat, Onions, Pledge, Our dog's smelly gas!
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Well, my belly is getting bigger by the minute I think. I am also having heartburn and indigestion. I wish my hair and nails would start looking better though. I though having a boy meant..."Never looked better!" Apparently not in all cases! I can't complain though because my symptoms have been fairly minimal since starting my second trimester. I am very short though (5 feet) and have a short torso. I am all belly and there is no where for it to go. My ribs, especially on the right side, feel like they are in my throat already! He is also breech right now so his head is pushing on my ribs.
Inny or Outy: Belly Button is getting flatter but still in slightly.
Wedding Band On or Off: On
Mood Most Of The Time: HAPPY though very tired lately and have some stress with other things going on. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep so my patience isn't quite as long as it used to be.
Looking Forward To: Our appointment at Mayo on Friday where we will have a Type 2 ultrasound and find out if the baby's brain cysts are isolated or not. Even though it's crappy that we have to go through this, we will get a video of the utlrasound instead of just a picture!

1 comment:

  1. Really emotional pictures. All my friends decided to celebrate our graduation day at one of the expensive convention center in LA few days back. Booked it online and reached the place before luncheon. Staff was really very attentive towards needs of all. Liked the wonderfully arranged table for the exact number of people.

    ReplyDelete