Saturday, April 14, 2012

Words To My Unborn Son...


Dear Graysen,

I can't believe that you have been growing in my tummy for 33 weeks now! You are getting so big and so strong. Sometimes you hurt Mommy when you move, but it's ok...I'm just glad you are strong enough to do that! It makes me cry tears of joy as I write this thinking about how much you have grown and how far you have come! 14 weeks ago, we weren't sure if you would to this point after the doctor told us you had Choroid Plexus Cysts on your brain. You are a fighter though and proved you are tough by overcoming them! I will never forget the relief that came over your Dad and me when the ultrasound tech told us that she didn't see the one on the right anymore and the one on the left was almost gone! 

You are definitely a mover and a shaker. You love music already. You will be an excellent counter and I think you will come out already knowing how to count to 100 by 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's. You hear Mommy do that all day with her students. Mommy and Daddy put a big map in your room, because you are going to be worldly. You will do many great things and go to many exciting places in your life. I can't wait to see what a difference you make someday! 

I also can't wait to see the little person that I have been feeling roll around inside of me for so many months! I am so thrilled to find out who you are and see what kind of personality you have. I already know you will have a mind of your own.I can't imagine where you would get that trait from?? Must be from your father! ;) You were not very cooperative at the last ultrasound. I know though, that after 4, you were probably getting pretty sick of them.You will definitely be active! I kept telling your dad that you are going to be a cage fighter because it felt like you were using my tummy as your cage! We watched you do somersault after somersault at all of the ultrasounds. You will take after me with your coordination...your father is very clumsy!! 

You dad is going to be a great Daddy though! He is so excited to see you and meet you! Mommy gets to feel you all of the time but Daddy just feels you now and then when he puts his hands on Mommy's belly. He talks to you and tells you funny things. I think you like them because you start squirming when he does. Someone else that is very anxious/eager to meet you is Shadow. You are already his best friend! He lays on my tummy to listen to you and feel you move. Every morning and every night he goes into your room and checks the crib just to see if you are in there yet! Now that we have the cradle that I slept in while I was a baby, sitting  in the living room, he checks that too! Sometimes he just lays on the floor in your room...waiting! 

I hope you become the kind of man your father/grandfathers are. They are going to be great role models for you. They are excited to teach you about so many things! You will pick up a few bad habits from them, but you will see 3 men that are wonderful husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles and citizens. You will most likely learn to love JUNK! I say junk in a good way! Grandpa Armstrong likes to collect things, Grandpa Brusse is an auctioneer and has a passion for antiques and your father also loves to watch/go to auctions and "fix things" like the pedal car that hopefully will be fixed by the time you are old enough to use it! Mommy also loves to go antiquing and finding new uses for old things! You have already been to many antique stores!

There are so many people besides us that are anticipating your arrival as well. You will be so loved and so spoiled! I have been dreaming a lot about the day that we get to meet you. You will not be perfect, as much as people will say, "Oh...he's perfect!", you WILL NOT BE PERFECT! No one is perfect, but we will hopefully instill in you the want to strive to be the best you can be. You WILL be loved however, like you were perfect! 

Daddy and I are more than ready to meet you, but please stay put for a few more months ok?? You need to keep growing and getting stronger than ever! You aren't ready to come into this big world yet. Get cozy and build up your strength for your big entrance! 

All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment