Monday, April 23, 2012

April Showers Bring....Gifts for Graysen!!

April brought two baby showers for us. All within a week actually. The wonderful staff at school put on a shower for me and Marit and then my gracious sister-in-law threw one for me for Tim's side of the family. I am overwhelmed at the generosity of everyone!
Here are the highlights!

Marit, myself and some party goers at our shower at school.
Marit is in the blue shirt...I'm in the denim jacket for those that haven't been following.

"Welcome Baby Graysen & John!" Cake made by my wonderful para, Kaynel!

Oh...great picture! :/ You can see Baby John in the corner. 

Marit opening gifts! 

Graysen and John got so many matching/coordinating outfits! They will be the best dressed boys around! Even outfits that Marit got that I didn't, were outfits that we already had for Graysen! Too funny! We'll have to get some pictures together!

"Who's that baby face?" 
Everyone brought in a baby picture and we all had to guess who was who. 

Guess who's number 5 in the corner??? That's me!!

Number 18 = Tim!

It's tradition at school to take "The Pregnancy Photo"! Everyone puts a ball in their shirt...except the pregnant woman/women! Marit is the tall one in the middle in the back row and I'm on the end in the striped cardigan!

Here is a close up. 

Another close up!

Baby John waiting to go home to enjoy all of his awesome gifts!!!

My sister-in-law, Angie threw a baby shower a few days later at her restaurant/coffee bar. 
This was a game like "The Price is Right". I did pretty well. I do go shopping a lot though so that gave me a leg up in the game! :) 

Cute animal theme!!

Name that Baby Food!! There were 8 different baby foods that we had to try and name. 

Some more baby food to try!

Animal print paper lanterns were hung all over the ceiling. 

All my cravings!! :) Tacos, Cheese, Chips, Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Cake!

My gracious sister-in-law

Her daughters Katie and Aly! Notice how short I am!

Julie and Addie tasting baby food!

Waiting to hear the results of the baby food test. My mom won. She only got one wrong. She put squash instead of sweet potatoes!

Playing "The Price is Right". I only had 15 seconds!!

Oooooh.....so close!

Sorting sock game. Note: I don't even sort my own socks most of the time. They all go into the basket and we dig for matches! Good thing we have a mesh bag to wash Graysen's socks in so that they don't get lost!

Angie got Graysen a giraffe cuddle blanket with his name! So cute!

Thanks Grandma Peggy (Tim's mom) for our new bath center! 

Grandma Armstrong (my mom) got us Swaddle Wraps, a new outfit and a head support for his car seat that is in the shape of a lion!

What a fun couple showers. Thanks to everyone who attended/put on the showers! My best friend, Cassie is putting on another one for friends in a week and a half and my mom/sisters are throwing one in June after he is born. Goodness...he is spoiled already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment